1. The people must remain ever vigilant against tyrants masquerading as public servants
2. When any nation mistrusts it’s citizens with guns, it’s sending a clear message. It no longer trusts it’s citizens because such a government has evil plans
3. The future of this nation depends on the Christian training of our youth
4. Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples’ liberty’s teeth
5. Do not let anyone claim tribute of American patriotism if they even attempt to remove religion from politics
6. However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion.
7. It is incumbent upon every person of every description to contribute to his country’s welfare.
8. I am sure that never was a people, who had more reason to acknowledge a Divine interposition in their affairs, than those of the United States; and I should be pained to believe that they have forgotten that agency, which was so often manifested during our Revolution, or that they failed to consider the omnipotence of that God who is alone able to protect them.
9. Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.
10. Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.